Coconut oil, coconut water, shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut sauce, and coconut flour are becoming popular, especially among vegetarians. There are 127 good reasons for this.
Coconut meat is very rich in healthy acids and it is part of the Arecaceae family. Almost 90% of its content consists of medium-chain saturated fatty acids, combined with small amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
These medium chain saturated fatty acids are easily digested and absorbed by our body. They can provide energy and support nerve health.
It’s delicious, cheap, easy to get, yet natural virgin coconut oil. It is very beneficial for our health and has the following health promoting properties.
– Anti-bacterial / anti-infective
- Has antioxidant properties
- Improves absorption of nutrients
– Carcinogenic, potent against humans
Here are the uses of coconut oil.
Personal hygiene and body
- Face Wash/Soap – To replace your regular soap, mix equal parts coconut oil with olive oil, avocado oil, castor oil and almond oil. Wash your face with the mixture using soap. Apply it on your face and leave it for 2 minutes and then wash your face.
- Hair Gel – Rub coconut oil between your palms, between your fingers, or through your ends if you have curly hair.
- Baldness – Apply a mixture of thyme, coconut oil, cedar wood, rosemary, jojoba oil, cayenne pepper and lavender to the affected area before bed or three times a day.
- Age Spots – Apply cream directly to fade age spots.
- Eyelid Oil – Apply coconut oil to your eyelids before going to bed. Apply under the eyes to reduce wrinkles, bags and puffiness.
- Diaper Salt – Completely safe for cloth diapers as it contains no chemicals.
- Conditioner/ Deep Treatment – Apply this oil with a spoon to the ends and mid-lengths of your hair. If you want to use it as a deep treatment, apply a spoonful of oil on the scalp, rub a little on the ends of the hair and leave it overnight.
- Deodorant – This oil can be used as a deodorant, but it works best when combined with baking soda and cornstarch/bullet powder.
- Aftershave – Aftershave can be treated with coconut oil.
- Split wood – Softens and protects lips. Just apply coconut oil on your lips.
- Prevents and Reduces Wrinkles – Applying coconut oil to wrinkles and sagging skin strengthens connective tissue and rejuvenates the skin.
- Skin Conditions – This oil is great for skin inflammation, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Swimmer’s Ears – Mixing a few drops of coconut oil and garlic oil and instilling it in your ear works very well. Leave them for 10 minutes and repeat the same method two or three times a day.
- Burns – Your scars heal quickly, so apply it immediately on the burn and use it until the problem is gone.
- Dandruff – The main cause of dandruff is actually oil secretion. And coconut oil can reduce it.
- Bug Bites – It reduces burning and itching and speeds healing. Just apply the oil directly to the affected area.
- Bruises – Applying directly to the bruised area reduces redness and swelling and speeds healing.
- Body Scrub – You can rub your body with a mixture of coconut oil and salt or rub it with scented oils. Wash off the mixture after you’re done, you won’t believe the results!
- Acne Treatment – Apply a little coconut oil under your face paint or on its own to reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Toothpaste – Baking soda and coconut oil will give you the best toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this mixture.
- Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer – If you want to fade pigment, speed up healing, and prevent infection, start using coconut oil regularly.
- Get rid of sunburn – Apply coconut oil.
- Moisturizer – All you have to do is apply some coconut oil on top to moisturize your body.
- Stretch marks
- Makeup Remover – If you want to leave your skin soft and glowing after removing your makeup, apply coconut oil to your sponge.
- Pre-shave – Since you are damaging your skin when you shave, applying coconut oil before shaving will prepare your skin for the damage to come.
- Nipple cream – Apply on cotton